What does AEO mean?
The abbreviation AEO stands for “Authorised Economic Operator.” It is a status granted to an economic operator as a concept that is based on the partnership between customs and business. The AEO is used to determine a reliable and trustworthiness of the economic operator.
The reliability of the AEO will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Compliance with customs legislation • Satisfactory accounting system
- Solvency and appropriate security standards The status allows companies to obtain simplified procedures for security-related customs controls and / or simplifications in accordance with customs legislation. There are different certificates that allow different permissions:
- AEO authorisation “Customs Simplifications” (AEOC)
- AEO grant “Security” (AEOS)
- AEO authorisation “Customs Simplifications and Security” (AEOC and AEOS – the so-called combined authorisation)